Scenic Rafting Tour from Taihape
This awesome scenic rafting adventure from Taihape New Zealand is especially suitable for families and those people wanting a more relaxed, scenic interaction with the Rangitikei River.
The river flows through beautiful papa (mud rock) canyon walls that reach up to 200 meters above the level of the water. Between each crystal clear pool, sparkling Grade 2 (easy) rapids tumble down through small greywacke boulders. Bordering the river is native forest and small flood plains. This natural corridor is home to a variety of bird life, including the rare New Zealand Falcon, Tui, and Bell Birds, Fantails, Spur Winged Plovers, and Paradise Ducks.
Your river guides will ensure that you are equipped with appropriate equipment, both to keep you warm and to keep you safe. The trip takes about 3.5 hours on river, with a picnic lunch stopover on the river bank. If weather conditions and time permit, then the group can take a hike up a side canyon to view the Ohutu Falls, the most reliable of the major waterfalls that feed the river.
Please Note: Taihape is located 231 km/144 mi from Wellington and 103 km/64 mi from Palmerston North. Transportation to Taihape is NOT included in the ticket price.
Rates - including tax
Tour / Activity Details
Minimum age is 5. Tour does NOT include hotel pick-up. Rates are per person in US dollars. Directions to the check-in location will be on your E-Ticket. Please order online or call 212-852-4822 to order or for more information.
There is a $6.95 USD processing fee per order. This is a flat fee regardless of the number of tickets or tours purchased on an order. There is a service charge per ticket. This charge will be reflected on your summary before you checkout. The total shown at checkout includes any fuel surcharges, service charges and tax. There are no additional charges, unless otherwise specified.
Tour / Activity Policies
Cancellation Policy: There are no refunds. All sales are final.
Change Fee Policy: If changes are allowed on a tour or activity, a $20.00 per reservation change fee will be applied for any change to a reservation. Please note that some tours and activities do not allow any changes. Date changes can only be made only if we can confirm availability on the new date. While we cannot guarantee any changes can be made, all change requests must be submitted a minimum of 24 hours prior to the tour departure and must be handled on an individual basis through our Reservations Center.
Tour / Activity Description
COVID-19 Protocols Updates
- The New Zealand government has outlined a five-step reopening plan. The border is now open to New Zealand citizens coming from anywhere in the world. By May 1, fully vaccinated people from Australia or visa waiver countries - including the United Kingdom, the United States and many European nations -- will be able to enter New Zealand and self-test on arrival. By October, all visa categories will reopen, including visitor visas.
- Wetsuit or fleece-lined paddle pants
- Neoprene booties
- Fleece top
- Paddle jacket
- On cooler days, neoprene gloves and neoprene socks
- Dry bag or box to hold phones and cameras
- Riverside picnic lunch
What to Bring
- A thirst for fun!
Minimum age is 5. Taihape is located 231 km from Wellington and 103 km from Palmerston North. Transportation to Taihape is NOT included in the ticket price. Tour does NOT include hotel pick-up. Directions to the check-in location will be on your E-Ticket. Rates are per person in US dollars. Please order online or call 212-852-4822 to order or for more information.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
- Comparative selection of tours and activities from the largest independent booking service.
- This web site provides a booking service for a variety of shows, tours, and activities and is not connected with or sponsored by any of the venues, teams, performers, events, or organizations unless this web site expressly indicates that it or Alcatraz Media Inc. is an official partner. All trademarks and photo copyrights are the property of their respective owners. Images on this website are for factual depiction only. This web site and Alcatraz Media Inc. may have no affiliation with persons or organizations where images appear.
- Choose from a Wide Variety of Tours & Activities: Compare All Available, and Make Your Choices
- We provide the ability for you to review a comparative selection of tours and activities. Click on the "Tours" button on the toolbar, and you can compare everything we offer in this area. The Reserve123 Network offers the largest independent booking service in the world with 10,000 tours and activities worldwide.